Background Notes is the newsletter of District 0490. The newsletter contains announcements, meeting changes, events, news and information around the district, short articles on sobriety and recovery, and even some humor
Any AA member is invited to submit material to the newsletter.
If you are having difficulty finding something to write about, here are some suggestions and ideas. These are only a few, be creative and have fun.
· Tell us about your group. How long has the meeting / group been there?
· Share your experience, strength and hope.
· What was the easiest step for you? The hardest? Why?
· Tell us about meetings you've attended in other states and/or other countries. How were they the same? How were they different?
· What is your favorite slogan or saying in AA, and why do you like it?
· What has been your experience with your sponsor?
· What does the program mean to you?
· What do you like about service work?
How long should my article be?
Background Notes may publish work of different lengths, from one-liners you heard at a meeting, one-paragraph stories to a full page article, typically an 800 word (max).
How do I submit an article for publication?
A simple email addressed to: email@example.com with an attachment.
You can also send an article to the District’s mailing address:
P.O. Box 481
Oneida, New York 13421
If all else fails, bring your article to a District meeting. When submitting your article please include your phone number. If you choose to remain anonymous, that request will be honored.
Articles submitted will be reviewed prior to publication. If changes are required due to length, subject matter, or appropriateness, Backgrounds Notes staff will coordinate with you prior to publication